Friday, May 14, 2010

In the beginning...

Every story has to start somewhere, and this one happens to start around Christmas ’07.  It was themad dash rush to purchase a frame on the cheap during the only frame sale West Coast Choppers ever had and probably ever will.  I’d been doing my research and made the decision to fork over the cash to pick up one of these beauties as an early Christmas present to myself.  Fast-forward a few months and there it was, sitting at my doorstep, packing tape shinning in the Arizona sun.  Unfortunately, one look at the welds and I quickly surmised that they had been pumping these things out of the shop so quickly that quality control was something left to be desired.  Hoping that customer service would prevail, I contacted the shop to get their take on things.  Several days of phone calls and multiple emails later and it was agreed upon that they would repair the frame with no out of pocket cost to me.  The very next day I sent my frame back and all was right with the world.  That is until some greedy little UPS guy got his grubby little hands on it… UPS would label the frame as “Lost/Stolen”.  All was NOT right with the world.

After weeks of hassle and undue stress (all brought on by the wonderful world of Brown), and after a few more phone calls and emails to the shop, the decision was made to handcraft an entire new frame from scratch.  Fast-forward again, 6 months later… and after much anticipation and nail biting (thanks UPS) my new frame arrived once again, packing tape shining in the Arizona sun.
 

Morale of the story: say what you will about West Coast Choppers… good, bad or indifferent, but they really went out of their way and made every effort to make things right for me.  Customer service doesn’t get much better than that.
 
All was once again right with the world!

0 comments: